East African Tourist Visa Online
Obtaining the East African Tourist Visa varies from one country to another in East Africa i.e. Uganda, Rwanda – East African Tourist Visa Online
Any person intending to enter Uganda should do so only for lawful purposes and in accordance with National Immigration laws, guidelines, and formalities.
All visa-prone nationalities must obtain Uganda visas to facilitate their entry into the country.
Uganda visas may be obtained at Uganda missions abroad or on arrival at the ports of entry in the country. You can apply in advance and be given a visa acceptance which you show at the airport/entry points.
All travelers to the Republic of Uganda MUST have a valid Yellow Fever Immunization card.
Single entry – the US $50 per individual
Multiple entry visa 6-12 months – US $100
Multiple entry visa 24 months – US $150
Multiple entry visa 36 months – US $200
Students (Entry Visa for students who are not nationals of East African Cooperation.) US$ 100
East African Tourist Visa (Three months Multiple Entry for Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda) US$ 100
Residents of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda traveling to any of the three countries can now enter the alternative Partner State. Without paying for visas. Fee Nil
Entry into or exit from Uganda should be made only through gazetted ports of entry/exit
Foreign Nationals wishing to obtain Rwandan visa submit their applications online or at the Rwandan Diplomatic Missions of their Country of residence.
EAC Partner states citizens’ shall be issued with 6 months visitors pass (renewable) upon arrival with no fee.
Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Sweden, United Kingdom, and United States of America will be issued with entry visa valid for a period up to 30 days and pay for a visa ($30) upon arrival without prior application.
Effective from 01 January 2018, nationals of all countries will get visa upon arrival without prior application.
All Visitors to Rwanda should hold a valid yellow fever vaccination card.
Rwanda multiple entry Visa cost 50 US Dollars.
East African Multiple-entry Visa
A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda, and the Republic of Uganda for tourism.
An East Africa Tourist Visa is multiple entries within the three countries and shall be valid for 90 days.
Applications for this visa shall be lodged at any of the diplomatic representations of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda, and the Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
The East African Tourist Visa cost 100 US Dollars each.
- Check if your travel document is valid at least for six months.
- It is recommended to write (with a pencil to be able to edit in case of any change) the names and addresses of your contact person in the page of emergence contacts in your Travel Document.
- Verify if you meet the visa requirements of your country of destination.
- Check if you have your yellow fever vaccination card. It is always advised to carry yellow fever vaccination certificate even if the country you are traveling to in not endemic. You can attach the card on the passport or put it in the passport holder to avoid forgetting it.
- Check if you have your air ticket (a return air ticket is always recommended). Some countries will not allow you entry with a single journey ticket.
- Remember to be at the airport at least two hours before departure. Most airlines open check-in counters 2 hours before flight departure. This will reduce stress which is very important if you have a long journey ahead. You can chat with your family, friends or finish pending work while you finished check-in.
- Remember to check in your luggage if any. Check the final destination on your luggage tag before leaving the check-in counter.
- In case of loss of passport or identity card while outside the country: Declare the loss to a nearby police station. Then contact a Rwanda mission near you for an emergency travel document back home. Rwandan embassies issue emergency travel document in case of travel document loss, it is issued free of charge.
- In case of illness or accident: inform if you have any medical exceptions; inform, on request of the person concerned, his relatives or other persons; check coverage and insurance benefits.
- Whenever you travel with a pet, it is highly advised to carry the identification indicating ownership of the pet.
- The pet is required to be accompanied by an international Veterinary certificate signed by official veterinarian from the Rwanda Animal Resources Development Authority.