Welcome to Rwanda! We are glad you have chosen to travel to Rwanda. Please find here below information regarding COVID-19 guidelines and designated transit hotels.
As part of Government measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following is mandatory upon entry into Rwanda as of 1 August 2020.
- All Travellers arriving in Rwanda must be tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of departure meaning that you get tested and get results no more than 3 days before your first flight. Complete the passenger locator form and upload the COVID-19 test certificate. Please see passenger locator form link on rbc.gov.rw.
- All travellers arriving in Rwanda will be screened upon entry and be given a second test to confirm the negative results of first test done prior to arrival.
- All travellers are required to complete 24 hours in a designated transit hotel while awaiting the results of the second test.
- The Government of Rwanda has negotiated special rates at the designated hotels for the waiting period. Should a guest wish to remain in the hotel after receiving negative test results. They are welcome to extend their stay at the applicable hotel’s rates.
- The negotiated hotel rate is on full board basis (inclusive of three meals) and if a guest takes less than the three meals no refund will be provided. Any extras will be paid separately upon order.
- The meals are inclusive of water or soft drinks. Any extras will be paid for separately on order.
As of 1 August 2020, every traveller arriving in Rwanda on an international flight must proceed to one of 17 selected hotels for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Once at the hotel, the following shall be the process
- Step 1: You will be tested for COVID-19 and there will be a medical team to assist whenever needed. A medical service fee of 10 USD will charged at the hotel as well as a 50 USD charge for COVID-19 testing.
- The cost of COVID-19 test is 50 USD per test for further information on payment method for COVID-19 test. Please visit rbc.gov.rw.
- Step 2: Wait for the test results to be received by Sms or email.
- Step 3: If your test result is negative, you will be invited to checkout or extend your stay in the same hotel at applicable hotel’s rates.
- Step 4: if your test result is positive, you will be taken to a medical facility for specialized care at your own cost. We encourage passengers to have international travel insurance.